The introduction of the PoPI Act in South Africa creates new areas of focus for compliance and management, covering a wide range of privacy and data protection topics, but is still in its infancy.
This means that working towards compliance is not only challenging but needs to be adaptable to change. POPITOOLS is up to date with PoPIA and GDPR (EU).
What is POPITOOLS?
Most external consulting firms maximise consulting hours in customer engagements.
POPITOOLS enables organisations to conduct their own rapid self-assessment.
The reporting platform is designed to provide a detailed gap analysis with recommendations for your entire business to help you determine your current level of compliance with the PoPI Act. The wizard-based tool allows anyone to participate in the assessment in the shortest amount of time.
- An online browser-based tool with a user-friendly interpretation of the Act
- Generates a customised PoPI Assessment (through the guided PoPI Journey ©)
- Generates a customised Data Privacy Standard
- Generates a customised PAIA Manual
- Generates an Attestation of Compliance Certificate
If your business has the information of
a client, employee or supplier
The PoPI act applies to you
POPITOOLS Micro is designed for organisations who:
- Know which systems they use to collect personal information
- Use seven or less systems to collect this information
- Do not have comprehensive compliance and governance procedures in place, OR
- Do have comprehensive compliance and governance procedures in place, but don’t have this collated into a summary of their PoPI requirements